Frequently Asked Questions
Outpatient care refers to medical services that are provided at a medical facility without the receiver having to stay overnight in a hospital. As they are the most common form of care, many corporate insurance plans have an outpatient insurance coverage that can adequately cover outpatient consultations and treatments. You may also be eligible for panel direct billing in which your bills are directly billed to your corporate insurance provider. It is best to check with your company on such coverage policies.
In addition, personal accident insurance plans may cover some aspects of outpatient care as well. If you have an orthopedic injury arising from an accident or trauma, such plans can be utilised for your outpatient care. It is best to check with your insurance agent on your individual accident policy coverage.
If you require surgery and have an Integrated Shield Plan (ISP) health insurance policy with any of our partner insurance providers, we can seamlessly apply for LOG for you from the insurer directly for your surgery.
We encourage patients to apply for pre-authorization for their inpatient treatment. The insurer may request for your medical records to assess the LOG. The assessors will check your diagnosis, the table code of surgery, the charges and then provide a LOG which is usually within 3 working days for most panel clinics. You are also able to cap your co-payment component by choosing your treatment with a preferred panel specialist.
To be eligible for a cashless inpatient service for medical treatment at any of the private hospitals, you will need to fulfil the following criteria
- Have an Integrated Shield Plan with a rider component that has been active for more than one year
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Obtain a pre-authorisation and a Letter of Guarantee from your insurance provider
With a panel specialist, you can enjoy the following advantages:
- Treatment by an experienced medical practitioner
- Receiving priority access when booking appointments
- Schedule a same day appointment
- Transparent costs for medical procedures with no ‘surprise’ fees
- Extended post surgical follow up period of 1 year